Remember to visit
the theme, paper, size, and other information pertaining
to the Exchange. See the Exchange Rules page http://www.barenforum.org/exchange/rules.html for general rules
about exchanging prints.
Some additional helpful information:
- The most important thing to remember is that an exchange
is a committment to 30 fellow artists and 1 anxious coordinator!
Please observe the exchange requirements and the general
exchange rules and mail your prints on time or, if something
comes up, withdraw in time for a fellow printmaker to
take your place.
the coordinator anytime if you have questions or concerns
about the exchange and be sure to respond to the coordinator's
emails when requested.
- Submit your print details as soon as you have them or
finish your print. This information is copied and pasted
into the colophon so be sure to submit print details exactly
as you want them to appear.
- Be sure to observe the exact paper size
limits since many of the participants will be
ordering presentation cases for their prints.
- Please plan in advanced so that you mail
your dried and completed prints prior to the
deadline. If you include protecting sheets
between your prints, be sure that they are
slightly smaller than the print and no
thicker than standard glassine or tissue.
- Should something come up and you believe you
will be unable to complete the exchange, cancel
well in advance of the deadline, to allow
a substitute to take your place. Remember,
everyone is making 31 prints, many participants
begin early. Your commitment is not just to the
coordinator, but to 29 fellow artists.
- Mail prints in a re-usable sturdy box or
envelope, with sufficient packing to avoid
damaging the prints. If you ordered a
presentation case, remember to send a box large
enough to accommodate the case.
- Include with your mailing:
- A mailing label with your name and
- Sufficient postage, a check for
sufficient postage, or a pre-paid air-bill
(see approximate rates below)
Shipping within the U.S. is approximately
(2008 rates please check http://www.usps.com for
- $4.95-8.10 standard Priority Mail USPS for up to 2 lbs.
- $5.65 USPS insured
- $6.20 USPS certified
- $12.00 and up Federal Express Home Delivery - See http://www.fedex.com
- $17.00 UPS 2-3 day
- See http://www.ups.com
Outside the U.S.:
- $17-27 USPS Priority Mail
- USPS Ground or Non-air is no longer available
through the US Postal System