Barbara Mason, Coordinator
Details of [Baren Exchange #24]
- Medium: woodblock print (hand rubbed or pulled on a press, B&W or colour, any pigments, any paper)
- Theme: none
- Image size: no restriction
- Paper size: O-Tanzaku yoko -- a sheet oriented horizontally measuring 6.6 high by 15 inches wide (16.75 x 38 cm). The traditional size of printmaking paper in old Japan was O-bosho -- the size of two O-ban sheets... The O-bosho sheet can be cut to make three O-tanzaku.
- Paper type: no restriction
- Registration period: One month starting January 1 , 2005
- Delivery deadline for finished prints: May 1, 2005
Baren Exchange #24 seemed full of problems, possibly because it was spring or the moon was full, or not. At any rate, here it is, better late than never. It was my great pleasure to put it together for you and I hope it meets with your expectations. I am always very excited to see accomplished printmakers along side first time participants making close to their first editions. As printmakers we are so lucky to be able to exchange work often. It is a remarkable achievement. For the old timers it is a chance to see the growth of those they know and for the newbies an opportunity to see what they can do with time and hard work.
Bobby Rosenstock made an unfortunate error and only sent 21 prints. He had a family emergency involving his brother and a climbing accident which took him to the east coast for the foreseeable future. If his print is missing from your portfolio, we apologize and he will make every effort to replace the ones missing at some future date. He will receive a list of those who did not get a print from him.
Best to you all,
Barbara Mason, coordinator #24